Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Hamptons




Ashley Olsen is red, white and blue chic on the the latest July 4th cover of Hamptons magazine. Here’s what the 23-year-old Olsen Twin opened up about:

On wanting to be left alone: “I’ve definitely had a past life of being a personality, and a very public one. But that’s not what makes me comfortable. I’m not an actress. I’m not a public figure or acting as one.”

On leaving the door open for acting again: “Never, say never.”

On her fashion label with Mary-Kate: “I wear The Row every day. I’m able to create clothes that I love and that other people love too…I really just love my job.”

On likely finding her in secluded Montauk for the fourth of July: “I like to stay in most of the time or go out on a boat…The water is so beautiful [there], I like really secluded places.”

On fizzling fashion lines: “That’s the thing about celebrity brands these days. People think they can define a brand by just a name, but the product has to speak for itself. It doesn’t really matter whose name is on it. That’s the truth.”

On her eating habits now that she often flies from NY to LA to visit her boyfriend, The Hangover star Justin Bartha:
“[I'm a] French fries and hamburger girl. I am literally the worst eater in the world. Being in the garment district, it’s Subway or pizza. I never actually thought about what I eat.”

story and pictures courtesy of hamptons

No comments: